Hi everyone! for my very first post I want to share the very first birthday card that I made.
Stamp Set: Happy Moments (from sale-a-bration catalogue)
Ink Pads: Read Red, Classic Black
Cardstock: Whisper White, Not quite Navy
Other: Stampin’ Pastels! and blender pen
How to Make:
Cut a 8.5 X 11 whisper white card stock in half, then fold in half. This is your basic card background.
on another piece of whisper white card stock stamp the Happy Moments Presents stamps three times in a row. (They don’t have to be perfectly straight) with classic black ink pad. set aside to for drying
Use the “happy birthday” stamp and stamp the edge of your basic card with real red ink pad as a border (however many times you want)
Use your stampin’ pastels and blender pen/applicator and colour on your presents image
Cut the presents image to the size you want, then paste it onto Not Quite Navy card stock for matting and cut a border from that.
Using dimensionals on the four corners of your matted image, paste to the center of your basic card background!
ta da! easy right?
Here’s another card that I created using a design (but modified by me) by one of Shelli Gardner’s Daughters (Sara):
- Stamp Set: Same as above – Happy Moments (from Sale-a-bration Cat.)
- Ink Pad: Classic Black, Versamark
- Card Stock: Whisper White, Real Red, and random scrap to matte the present and the “color'” of the presents is actually scrap paper I had lying around that I Stamped, cut and pasted
Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds (poured on top of the present stamp to make it sparkly!
How to make:
- Cut your 8.5 X 11 Real Read card stock in half, then fold it in half
- On Whisper White card stock, stamp the image of the present and let it dry. Do this three more times with different colour patterned paper of your choice.
- Measure and cut another piece of whisper white card stock just slightly smaller than the front of your card to create a red border and paste it onto your red card stock.
- Going back to your stamped images on the different colours (not the white card stock image), cut out the square boxes of the presents. One box per each colour paper pattern and then paste it onto your white card stock stamped paper. Use the stamped image as a guide while pasting. This will create your multi coloured presents!
- Then, (clean your stamp before hand) use your versamark ink pad and stamp over the image. Use your dazzling diamonds glitter (pour over top the image and shake off rest back into container) This will give you sparkling presents!
- while you let that dry, cut a piece of ribbon that you can wrap around the card and tie into a knot (left over right, right over left for the “prettiest” knot) and cut the ends of the ribbons on an angle (or however way you like) and place that off-center.
- take your sparkling presents, cut to the size you want (close to the edge for matting), and then paste on another patterned paper, cut to create a border and then paste that off-center.
and TA DA! another birthday card made! 🙂
I hope this was helpful 🙂